Tips to increase Platelet counts in Dengue FeverDengue results in dehydration and decline in platelet count. In order for the patient to survive he needs to keep his body hydrated and his platelet count stable. Scary, isn’t it? Clinical trials and research evidence suggest some herbal and home treatments through which the platelet count can be increased during dengue fever.
· Papaya leaves are rich in complex vitamins and are known to contain high amounts of A, C, E, K, and B vitamins. It is also known to increase the white blood cells and helps in the production of platelets when taken in the form of juice. To make this papaya leaf juice, clean the leaf and carefully cut out the stem. Squeeze out the juice by blending the leaves with a food blender or processor. Take 1 tablespoon twice a day.
· Fruits containing anti-oxidants such as berries, pomegranates, oranges, tomatoes, broccoli, cashew nuts, and grapes are rich in minerals and vitamins. They help in the eliminating the free radicals in the blood.
· Intake of green fresh vegetables like flax seed oils, cod liver oil, fresh fruits and nuts help to increase the platelet count and also improves the immune system of the body.
· Multivitamins with iron supplements and Vitamin C and E can help boost the platelet count. It plays a vital role in regulating the patient’s physiology.
Medical methods have also been put forward for increasing the platelet count in dengue patients. Some of the methods are explained below.
· Platelet transfusion takes place when platelets from donor are transferred into the patient’s arm though an intravenous drip.
· A surgery called surgical splenectomy can be done to remove the spleen from the patient’s body if the patient’s antibodies keep destroying the platelets that are transferred into his body.
· Corticosteroids are prescribed to be taken with the food to increase platelet count in a few days.
· Vitamin C tablets dissolved in water can easily be absorbed by the body which quickly helps restore the platelet count.
Hope these tips help you understand how to increase the platelet count because God forbid, when dengue strikes in your own home and your near ones becomes victim, you should know what to do. Read the tips for prevention of dengue virus so people at your home don't get Dengue